Kids Music & Arts Camp ~ July 17-21, 2017
One great week of music, art & fun!
Summer fun for children 3 years old to 5th grade!
Campers will learn about the love of God through music and art by participating in a variety of faith-based activities including choirs, rhythm instrument groups and arts & crafts classes. Kids will have tons of fun with us this summer! You’ll be amazed at what your kids can achieve in just one week and how much fun they have doing it! Camp includes singing, dancing, playing instruments, painting, crafts and more!
The week will culminate with a Children’s Music Festival for family and friends on Sunday, July 23 during the 9:30am worship service followed by a reception in Fellowship Hall with the week’s art projects on display.
- All materials are provided
- A snack will be provided for 3 years old to pre-K*
- Lunch will be provided for K-5th grade participants*
- Morning drop-off: 8:45–9:00 AM at the Great Room entrance
- Morning pick-up: 11:30 AM at the Great Room entrance
- Afternoon pick-up: 4:00 PM at the Great Room entrance
- We encourage campers to attend EVERY day of camp and the Children’s Music Festival
- Cost is $25/child** with discounts for multiple children from each family
- Optional mission project participation
* First Presbyterian will provide gluten, dairy and nut free foods.
**scholarships are available so ALL may attend.
Download a REGISTRATION FORM. Forms are also availabe at the church.
Mail or drop off registration forms to the church office ASAP!
For more information contact:
Director of Music Brent Neuenschwander, 419-423-2112, x24, email@example.com
or the Camp Co-chair, Beth Niemeyer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Artist Series 2017
The First Presbyterian Church Artist Series brings outstanding music performances to the community. Events are free and open to the public. This series is made possible through freewill offerings and the tremendous support of our patrons. If you would like to support the arts in our community and become an Artist Series patron, please contact Director of Music Brent Neuenschwander.
We look forward to seeing you at the FPC Artist Series events. Bring your friends and family, and have an enjoyable, entertaining and inspiring afternoon of music at First Presbyterian Church.
Sunday Morning Music Opportunities
O come, let us sing to the Lord;
Let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
Let us come into His presence with thanksgiving;
Let us make a joyful noise to Him with songs of praise!
~ Psalm 95:1-2 ~
Music is a vital part of the spiritual life at First Presbyterian Church. We hope that you will be able to join a choir as we lift our voices to sing praises to our God!
The Chancel Choir rehearses in the Choir Room from 7:30 to 9 p.m. on Wednesday evenings from September through May. It sings during the 9:30a.m. Worship Service each Sunday of the academic year. In addition, it also sings for special services at various times of the year
GatherRing Bell Choir
The GatherRing Bell Choir rehearses in the Sanctuary every Tuesday morning at 9:15a.m. from September through May. This bell choir rings periodically during the 9:30a.m. Worship Service on Sundays and also rings at special services throughout the year.
Chancel Bell Choir The Chancel Bell Choir rehearses in the Sanctuary every Wednesday evening at 6:30p.m. from September through May. This bell choir rings periodically during the 9:30a.m. Worship Service on Sundays and also rings at special services throughout the year.
The First Presbyterian Church Children’s Choir rehearses in the Godly Play (Room 110) on Sunday mornings following the 9:30a.m. worship service with Brent Neuenschwander. This choir sings periodically on Sunday mornings and at special services. It is open to all children age 4 and up.
Periodic Music Opportunities
Soloists and ensembles are needed occasionally to provide music for Sunday morning services and special services. These include soloists for the summer months, youth choirs, and instrumental ensembles.
- The organ in the Sanctuary is a 3-manual, 38 rank organ built by the Aeolian- Skinner Organ Company of Boston, Massachusetts in 1953.
- The organ in the Memorial Chapel is a 9-stop mechanical action organ built by the Gabriel-Kney Pipe Organ Builders, Ltd. of London, Ontario in 1994.
- The piano in the Sanctuary is a 7-ft Steinway and Sons grand piano.
- The piano in the Great Room is a 7-ft Steinway and Sons grand piano.
- The Handbell set contains 4 octaves of Schulmerich Handbells.