The children present Brent Neuenschwander with a special gift at the 2017 Music & Arts Camp.
FPC Artist Series
The First Presbyterian Church Artist Series brings outstanding music performances to the community. Events are free and open to the public. This series is made possible through freewill offerings and the tremendous support of our patrons. If you would like to support the arts in our community and become an Artist Series patron, please contact Director of Music Brent Neuenschwander.
We look forward to seeing you at the FPC Artist Series events. Bring your friends and family, and have an enjoyable, entertaining and inspiring afternoon of music at First Presbyterian Church.
Sunday Morning Music Opportunities
O come, let us sing to the Lord;
Let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
Let us come into His presence with thanksgiving;
Let us make a joyful noise to Him with songs of praise!
~ Psalm 95:1-2 ~
Music is a vital part of the spiritual life at First Presbyterian Church. We hope that you will be able to join a choir as we lift our voices to sing praises to our God!
The Chancel Choir rehearses in the Choir Room from 7:30 to 9 p.m. on Wednesday evenings from September through May. It sings during the 9:30a.m. Worship Service each Sunday of the academic year. In addition, it also sings for special services at various times of the year .
GatherRing Bell Choir
The GatherRing Bell Choir rehearses in the Sanctuary every Tuesday morning at 9:15a.m. from September through May. This bell choir rings periodically during the 9:30a.m. Worship Service on Sundays and also rings at special services throughout the year.
Periodic Music Opportunities
Soloists and ensembles are needed occasionally to provide music for Sunday morning services and special services. These include soloists for the summer months, youth choirs, and instrumental ensembles.
- The organ in the Sanctuary is a 3-manual, 38 rank organ built by the Aeolian- Skinner Organ Company of Boston, Massachusetts in 1953.
- The organ in the Memorial Chapel is a 9-stop mechanical action organ built by the Gabriel-Kney Pipe Organ Builders, Ltd. of London, Ontario in 1994.
- The piano in the Sanctuary is a 7-ft Steinway and Sons grand piano.
- The piano in the Great Room is a 7-ft Steinway and Sons grand piano.
- The Handbell set contains 4 octaves of Schulmerich Handbells.